Tuesday, May 29, 2012

4 Month Update


 A few days late once again... Here is my 4 month update:

I just got back from the Dr's office and Dr. Lamm said I'm a definite keeper!  I'm healthy and happy.  Life couldn't be much better.  I weighed in at 14 lbs. 10.8 oz.  (Putting me around the 70th percentile for weight).  I'm exactly 24 inches, a whole 2 feet (putting me around the 25th percentile for height).   The only things that ail me are the fact that I had to get 2 shots today (ouchie) and a reoccurring rash under my many chins.  Mom has to lift up the folds of skin and clean me up.  After she's finished cleaning she applies a silky talc-free powder.  In no time flat, I'll be feeling as good as new.

Nursing has been much better for me this month.  My Mom finally listened to me when it comes to diet.  I tried to tell her through my fussy eating sessions that something just wasn't right.  When she and Daddy continued to notice mucous in my poopy size 2 diapers (yuck), she decided to take some action.  Mom is on a lactose-free diet.  My belly is feeling much better and my reflux seems to have disappeared.

Mom and Dad finally got rid of me.  Not exactly rid of me, but they booted me out of their bedroom.  I'm sleeping up in my own room.  During the night, I still prefer to be nursing while laying down.  For this reason, Mom and Dad kept the double bed set up in my room attached to the co-sleeper.  Mom usually joins me in my room for about 1/2 of the night.  I guess I can't blame her since I'm still waking up to eat every 3 hours or so.

Speaking of sleep... I'm starting to get on a more regular schedule.  I've been going to bed between 7 and 8 pm and waking up between 6 and 7 am.  Depending on the day, I take 3 or 4 naps.  If it were up to me, I'd take 3 solid naps.  Dad has been going back to work, so Mom often has to drag me out of the house to play with my brothers.  It's ok though, I'm fairly understanding.

Officially, I'm wearing all 3-6 month clothes.  It's just more comfy not to be squeezing into 0-3 month stuff.  Lengthwise, the 0-3 month clothes fit me better, but they just don't feel to good around my waist and through my thunderous thighs.  Hey, I love my new wardrobe.  It's fun to get new (or mostly used) stuff!
 
My, oh, my, do my hands taste good! I just can't get enough of them!  It's a good thing they are attached to my arms so that they follow my everywhere.  Most of the time you can find me nibblin' them up.  I try to stick my entire fist in my mouth, a trick my mom can do, but usually it's just 4 fingers that I can manage to shove in there.  I much prefer my hands to any toys.  Although....there is one certain blankie that I love, love, love!

It's not because of my ripe ole' age of 4 months that has me losing my hair.  My mom thinks it's probably her hormones playing a trick on me.   At least I'm not the only one losing hair....my mom is losing a bunch right now too!  A shorter, lighter version of hair is making an appearance on my head.  It won't be long before I have a full head of hair again.

As far as exercise goes.... I still love to be standing up!   The exersaucer gives me a chance to practice lots of standing while playing.  When I lay down on my play mat, I roll from side to side.  Any day now I'll be rolling all the way on to my tummy and back to my back.  All of these exercises have given me great core strength.  Perhaps, I'll be the best athlete in the family.

Well, that about sums it up!  Be back next month with more exciting updates.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

cluster maps

background

counter