Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ana Turns 6 Months


 Yep... Once again I'm running behind on giving you my updates.  Every month I seem to have a good excuse.  But this month takes the cake!  I was just getting back from a very long trip to MI.  It takes a few days (or weeks for my parents) to get back into the swing of things....

Can you believe it?  I'm already 1/2 of a year old?  Time just flew by this month.  I was so busy meeting and greeting family that I didn't even realize that my half birthday was fast approaching.  Let me catch you up on some of my newest talents.

Never have I been one to suck on pacifiers.  I tried my bottom lip for a while, but let me tell you...I've found the best solution.  My fingers are so awesome!  They follow me everywhere (even to bed).  I just can't get enough of my index and middle fingers.  Together, in my mouth, at the same time, I find the sensation simply irresistible.

This month I've been working on  being able to sit on my own.  I can manage sitting for a few seconds without support, but Mom or Dad is always right there to make sure that I don't topple over.  It's fun to see the world from this vantage point.

Mom and Dad said that it was time to leave MI because they only packed 3-6 month clothes.  Now that I'm home, I'm wearing mainly all 6-12 month clothes.  Right on target, I'm looking great in my new wardrobe (pics to follow in future posts).

Speaking of weight gain... I had my 6 month check-up at the Dr.'s office.  I'm a whopping 17 lbs. 2 ounces (75th percentile) and 26 1/2 inches (75th percentile).  Mom must be feeding me cream, because I'm still on a strict Mommy's Milk diet.

Mom's had to work really hard to fatten me up.  While in MI, I was waking her up 3 or so times a night.  As soon as we got home I simmered down and only woke her up 1 time a night.  I'm in my own crib now and able to sooth myself by inserting said fingers into my mouth.  Not only am I in my own bed, I learned to roll onto my tummy in the night.  Every time Mom or Dad comes to get me out of my crib, I'm on my belly.

When I want attention, I want it now!  It's not to hard to be heard in our house when I scream at the top of my lungs.  My brothers don't even have a chance to drown out my screeching noises.  I'm not unhappy, just want to be heard.

Here's a picture of me belting it out....




 Once again...Jude trying to crash a photo shoot. (I guess this was a regular occurrence when Levi was having his photos taken too...)






No comments:

Post a Comment

cluster maps

background

counter