Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Learning to Climb

I got this great email from Amy D. a couple of days ago and it got me thinking. She was saying that many of the folks they talk to keep saying, "you can't go anywhere once you have kids..." or "enjoy life now because you can't do that sorta stuff when you have kids..." Well poo poo on them. While life indeed is different (meaning long overnights away from home, long bike rides, and lots of long anything may be out of the question), we still get out and do things. Much of the same stuff, we're just working around naps. Even though I haven't been able to climb in the White Mountains since we've been here, we're at the ocean a couple of days a week. (And day hikes in the mountains happen every now and then.) So, kudos to the many other parents out there who are continuing to live life.

Since I've got the entire semester off from teaching, I'm gonna enjoy my paternity leave to the fullest. Jude is my main responsibility as Ray tends to Levi - though I still get plenty of time him Levi.





Now, I just plan our daily outings accordingly. Yesterday, Jude, Jack, and I hiked Mt. Major near Lake Winnipesaukee. Today the whole fam got out to the local park so Jude could master the swinging bridge and go "climbing". Soon we'll get Jude on the real stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment

cluster maps

background

counter