Tuesday, March 27, 2012

AJ Turns 2 Months Old


Once again, I'm fashionably late.... What can I say? Last week we were busy, to say the least. My Uncle Dave and Aunt Chris (and soon to be cousin) were here, my Daddy took a trip to Washington DC (leaving Mommy with us 3 kiddos), and my Uncle Jud, Aunt Marsey, and cousins Eleanor and Gemma came for a visit this past weekend. I'm just trying to catch up on some winks and catch my breath after my busy week.

As far as sleep goes...Mom and Dad say that I've made some great improvements. This month Mom and Dad taught me that I can fall asleep in my own bed. I kicked and screamed while I learned about soothing myself, but my hard work has finally paid off. Up until this month I was taking catnaps all day on their shoulders. We loved all of the cuddle time but I was getting less and less sleep. Now I can sleep peacefully in my own space. Night time is when I get the most sleep. I usually wake up 2 times to eat, but drift right back to into dreamland.

At night I fill up, full octane, on Mommy's milk. I don't seem to have a problem latching at night but during the day I must be over thinking it while gulping lots of air. For this reason, my parents have stopped giving me a bottle. I'm just working on getting my milk from Mommy.

All of that extra air has been giving me a tummy ache. I'm kind of gassy these days. I've been going days (almost a week once) without going poo. This makes my tummy hurt even more. It's between 7-10 PM when my tummy hurts the most and I let everyone in the house know about it. Hopefully soon everything will even out and I'll start to feel better.

One of my biggest achievements this month has been in my legs. I discovered that I can already support all of my weight while standing if Mom or Dad helps me to balance. This also means that I have great control of my neck. Oh boy, I sure am getting strong. This is very important seeing that I'm going to have to deal with my 2 older brothers. Both of them are already trying to give me tackle hugs all of the time.

Mom and Dad say that I'm becoming much more fun these days! I give them lots of smiles now. I'm starting to chat and coo too. Now that I'm awake for an hour at a time I'm getting more and more time to interact with my family.

At my 6 week Dr. appt. I weighed 10 1/2 lbs. Now that another 2 weeks have gone by Moms best guess at my weight is somewhere between 11 and 12 lbs. Our scale at home is not nearly as accurate as the one at Dr. Lamm's office. I'm comfortably wearing all of my 0-3 month clothes. Still looking stylish, I was able to wear short sleeves for a couple days this month. With temps. in the 80's, I looked sporty in my cooler digs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

cluster maps

background

counter