Thursday, January 7, 2010

Shiner

Tuesday, a routine outing to the Children's Museum turned into a trip to the ER. I wish I could say that this was Jude's first black eye....but that would be a lie. I'm sure it won't be his last either.

As the time to leave the museum was nearing, I caught a whiff of something stinky. Yup, Jude had a pooper in his diaper and was trying to avoid the change. As he was running away from me he tripped and fell onto the edge of a table. Immediately, I knew he was hurt. Just the loud clunk that his head made was enough to tell me we were in for a good amount of tears. What I didn't know as I hugged him close was that we'd both end up with shirts full of blood. He had about a 3/4 inch gash in the corner of his eye. Luckily, after about 3 hours of bleeding, when we were finally seen by the doctor, the bleeding had subsided. He cleaned the wound and sent us on our way. We avoided stitches and glue yet again. Jude was a trooper and lives to tell his story!

We were warned that the swelling would get worse before it got better... the next two pictures are from the following morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

cluster maps

background

counter