Monday, September 3, 2012

AnaLeah Turns 7 Months Old


Late again as usual, it's about time I give you my monthly update.  I sure have a lot to report this month!

I'm starting to get the swing of sleeping longer periods of time at night.  So lack of sleep isn't a good excuse for my lack of blogging.  Usually, I wake Mom up 1 or 2 times a night.  But most nights I'll have a solid 5-6 hour stretch of sleep.  I love to sleep!  During the day, I still take 2 or 3 naps.  With all the stimuli of my brothers running circles around me, I can usually last 2-3 hours before I start to tire again.

This month, I sat on our home scale all by myself.  My mom said that I weigh around 18 lbs.  My growth doesn't seem to be slowing down much.  From what I've heard, my brothers both slowed in their growth around 6 months.  Perhaps soon I'll slow down too.

You may have noticed in some of my pictures that I have 2 of my fingers in my mouth.  If I don't have a toy of sorts in my mouth, I most definitely have inserted both of those fingers. At night, my mom says that it's great that I can soothe myself.  Her only worry is that I won't be able to stop sucking my fingers when I get older.  We'll have to see about that....

Perhaps the constant finger sucking has to do something with my swollen gums.  This month I sprouted my front 2 bottom teeth.  It won't be long before my top 2 teeth make an appearance.  Yowsers!  These teeth really, really, hurt!  I let the whole world know about it by either moaning or making screaming noises while trying to chomp on one of my many teethers.  One of my favorite teethers is a frozen washcloth.  The cold really numbs the pain.

Now that I have some teeth, my parents decided it was about time to give some pureed foods a try.  My first food was green beans.  I wasn't too fond of them.  Next my parents let me try some pears.  At first I made a pucker face; they were more sour than the beans.  After a while I decided that they were ok.  Once I had tried the pears for a week or so, I moved onto squash.  I guess squash makes the cut too.  Breast milk is still my favorite, but I put up with eating a couple tablespoons of baby food a day.

My body is getting stronger every day.  I love to spend time in my jump-a-roo.  Giving my legs a little bend, I really have gotten the hang of bouncing up and down.  Maybe it's coming naturally to me because I got a chance to watch my brothers jump on Grammy's trampoline all summer long.  Not only can I jump, I can roll over both ways.  In bed, I love to check out all of the real estate.  I'm always in a different spot when Mom or Dad comes to get me.  Gone are the days of the Bumbo seat.  I can sit up all by myself.  Once I get help getting into position, Mom or Dad can let me play all by myself (although they always leave the Boppy behind me in case I flop backwards).  I'm never really by myself, my brothers still love to give me constant attention.

Well, I'm off to another nap.  I'll catch up with you again next month....

No comments:

Post a Comment

cluster maps

background

counter